Thursday, December 3, 2009

The Diabetes Center

I was looking up some information about diabetes at UNC and i found this place called the Diabetes Center. Theyre whole mission is to help people with diabetes live longer and healthier lives. I think that it is interesting that I am a UNC student with diabetes and i have never seen or heard about this before now. They also have a alot of great education programs that will be awesome for the newly diagnosed. I was lucky that when i was diagnosed i had the WakeMed pediatric diabetes center to go to, but i don't feel like they're are alot of those around! Hopefully i'll get a chance to check this out at some point!

2 comments:

tay12 said...

It's cool that there is a specific place for people with diabetes to go to where they can be around others with diabetes and get the help that they need. I hope that this center will help you in the future. -Taylor-

Jake said...

It is very cool that they have a whole center dedicated to helping students or surrounding communities to cope with diabetes. I think that if they had these types of centers in other places that many more people could benefit from the services they offer.